If you want to help the cause, there are various ways you can participate.
- donate to the Children's Heart Foundation - they give to research projects specific to CHD's. (only 1% of the money from the American Heart Assoc. goes to CHDs.)
- donate to Spencer's Fund - to help families with the costs of extended hospital stays or long trips to reach their hospital.
- When you buy from Red Envelope - shop through this link - then $10 of your gift purchase will support the Childrens Heart Foundation
- Send an ecard from PunchBowl and Spread the Love - a donation will be made to the Children's Heart Foundation for each one you send!
- Until pulse oximetry tests are standard. You can tell mothers and fathers to ask their doctor to run a pulse ox on their newborn between 24 to 48 hours of age. It is the cheap, esy and a noninvasive way to test for CHD.
- Spread the word. Awareness means more support for much needed research funding. Awareness means less mothers and fathers will find out about CHD from the coroner.
Winner B gets a $20 gift certificate to Target -Winner B is Abby!
Winner C gets a heart necklace -Winner C is DG again!