Thursday, September 17, 2009

I'm BAAAACK!

No I didn't fall off the face of the earth.
Although it kind of felt like it. I've been taking care of a sick one and catching up at work.

What was interesting was taking him to the doctor on Tuesday and finding this big bold sign. (no I wasn't thinking straight enough to get a pic).
IF YOU HAVE A FEVER AND COUGH
PLEASE REQUEST A FACE MASK FROM THE RECEPTIONIST.
And these people were not playing. Since we had a high fever and no real cough (I didn't really think he had the flu - he just had to see the doc) I opted out of the face mask. We went into the SICK side waiting room and were the only ones in there for a minute. Then comes the really sick people, by droves, all with their children wearing face masks - which of course were adult size and didn't fit. This one girl couldn't get hers to stay on at all - it kept sliding down below her child and she would attempt to fix it, poor girl was only 3 or 4. I mostly enjoyed watching a Mom scold her sick child for not wearing it properly. I am so glad we opted for the no face mask - b/c I would have been doing the same thing. These people they were all freaked out, trying to sit as far apart from each other as possible.
I wanted to laugh, but refrained. Instead I explained to my son if he didn't behave he was going to have to wear one too. These people were freaking out. The only part of the flu I'm scared of is the being grounded for 7 days, b/c then we would all be grounded and I do believe if all 5 of us were stuck together without reprieve for more than 2 days one of us would truly lose it.
Does anyone have the flu yet - or are any of you paranoid?

4 comments:

  1. No flu and I'm so not stressing it. Stressing will probably just lower my immunities and make it so I do get the flu, lol. Horrible allergies though. I'll be glad when they leave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh..it's an epidemic..of scared people. That's so funny that you mention being grounded. I always say that I was never grounded until I had kids..honestly. Whether they are sick, or not old enough for certain places, or whatever..never been grounded until them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We don't have flu and not paranoid. Just live one day at the time, ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate going to the doctor when I'm sick (or not sick) because I ALWAYS pick up something new!

    ReplyDelete

YIPEE! You decided to comment on me!