Thursday, April 22, 2010

If I lived in 1955, I'd have broken all the rules!

You know they were.  Your kids know they are.  Even Mama Kat knows we break all the rules.  That's why she asked us to list 10 rules that we "unlearned" for writer's workshop.

I love old things.  1950's I think were such a neat era.  But let me tell you if I lived back then I would have broken ALL the rules, not just ten.

  1. Ok, I love to cook and this isn't such a bad idea.  I love to plan a good meal out.  However, it is not because of only his needs.  I have 5 mouths to feed in my house and if he's late for dinner, we don't wait.

  2. Make-up?  What stay at home mom wears make up on a daily basis.  I sure didn't.  I have just been with some house weary kids, he got to escape.

  3. I can be a little interesting.  Let me tell you how "your son" decided he could feed the fish his bologna sandwich today.

  4. Just close your eyes and you won't see the clutter anymore.

  5. Kids ought to be able to pick up their own crap.  I am not their maid.  And I just used the dustcloth to wipe up the 2 year old's pee off the kitchen floor.

  6. When might I ask, do I get to unwind?

  7. Minimize the noise?  If I had a mute button don't you think I would have used it 4 hours ago when they were clawing each other's eyes out.

  8. This I agree with.  I am always deleriously happy to see my hubby.  Especially when he rescues me from the children.

  9. I greet him with a huge smile, but not out of a desire to please him.

  10. The only thing more important than our children is if he got fired.

  11. His world of strain?  Not that I'm saying all jobs are easy, but stay at home mom's take the cake anyday of the week!

  12. I try to make my home tranquil for me.  I'm the one living with all boys!

  13. When is the best time to tell him the stove caught fire?

  14. I don't complain if he goes out, it just means next time it's my turn.

  15. If it's not bedtime, no one gets to relax.

  16. Please tell me a grown man can take off his own shoes.

  17. Master of the house !?!?!?!?!

  18. I'll be damned.

12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...I love this post! I wouldn't have survived either! My hubby like to tell me that if anything has to do with a strong headed female then I am there! It's true...glad to see you are there with me! I wouldn't have been very nice in the caveman era either. I'll be darned if I'd be drug around by my hair!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have loved the clothes and hated life. Rules schmules thppp!
    If my husband asks me to take off his shoes, both his arms better be broken, otherwise they will be.

    Awesome post- kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Knows her place".... you better believe I know my place. FIRST!!! If momma ain't happy no one is!

    I'm glad we've come a long way from this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMAO. Someone slipped htis into a card addressed to me at our wedding. I'm not sure if it was one of my great aunts who was serious, or one of my friends as a joke. No one ever confessed.
    They really need to update this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "And, boy?! What have you dun for ME lately?" HMMMM??? Ugh, there's no way I could have done it. The skirts and heels would have killed me alone. I would have been the old spinster aunt with cats.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome. I do think love and kindness has its place but a man needs to know his place in a blogger's house!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this was just great! I totally love your reaction to each one!

    HILARIOUS!

    Great idea!

    :-)

    Megan

    http://reddirtandcrazy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen that before- laughed my butt off!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that on your the original you scanned in "A good wife always knows her place" was circled. Yep, I scrolled to the bottom of the post to read your response to that one first - and then spit iced tea all over the computer screen laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would think a mom of twin BOYS would have zero energy left for humor, but this is hilarious! Thanks for stopping by today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmm, I was born in the 50's - those were the good old days. Life was easier then, really.

    Visiting from SITS

    ReplyDelete
  12. ROFLMAO!!! I used to be the one placing dinner on the table on time not waiting for him...now...he is putting dinner on the table waiting for me. Funny how the roles can change.

    Love this post woman...next time put a disclaimer, I spewed water on my screen. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

YIPEE! You decided to comment on me!