Thursday, April 1, 2010

Why I don't do April Fool's

I used to love a good April Fool's joke.  I would dream up great ones to do and really get people going.

My last semester in college, my friends and I decided to fool my father and say I was preggo.  We were going to his house for easter dinner anyway.

After dinner he and I took a walk and I told him I was pregnant.  I thought he was going to have a heart attack considering I wasn't married yet.  Just as he was getting over the shock, my friend yelled April Fools.  It was a great classic moment.  My best joke to date.

One year later I was actually pregnant.  With twins. 

Karma comes back to bite you in the arse.

While you may all go about laughing and joking and playing wonderful pranks, I will sit here quietly.  I will laugh at your jokes and secretly wonder where you will be next year.

Happy Karma Day!

6 comments:

  1. I don't do April Fools, either...though it's mostly because I don't need another reason to look like a...well...a fool. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I'm with you...I have no need to tempt fate or the karma gods today. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't do it either - just don't have time! Plus I was in no fooling mood today, truth be told. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope I don't do 'em either. Karma is just mean, and I don't like my butt being bitten.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First time reading this blog, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

YIPEE! You decided to comment on me!