Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Who are these smart mouthed kids?

NOT MINE!
That's for sure.
I think they get it from their father.

Background of the story - I work for/with my father at our business.
During dinner last night I asked the twins our normal round of questions about their day.  One of which is "Did you ask any good questions today?"  I think it inspires them to seek more knowledge and not just let it come to them.  They gave their normal responses about questions in math and reading.
When they asked me the question, I responded with, "I called Pe-Paw and asked him about some rates we were working on."
T1's immediate response, "Ohhhh, you had to call your Daddy and ask him questions!"
Incompetent, I'm not.

Also on the topic of discussion yesterday was the word "diva."  Someone had used the word to describe T2's girlfriend and he took great offense thinking it was similar to devil.  I explained that it was used to describe a girl that has to look just so and may be somewhat of a show off.  T2 was much happier with that answer.  Especially when he said, "Oh, so your an old lady diva!"
Diva, I'm not.

I don't know where these kids are getting it from, but it seems to be never ending.  That was just one day.  Imagine my week!
Does anyone else have a sarcastic child?


If there were no schools to take the children away from home part of the time, the insane asylums would be filled with mothers. ~Edgar W. Howe

7 comments:

  1. OMGosh! Mine is!!!! Every so often, my oldest says something and all i can think is I KNOW he didn't get that smart mouth from me!

    I have to admit though, half the time, I have to do my best not to laugh when he smarts off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm have you read my blog? Sarcastic smart mouths don't fall far from the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, indeedy! Sometimes, he's just being unintentionally funny....sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, nothing but sarcasm around here, as well! Sometimes I think it's funny but sometimes, not so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarcastic I'm not so sure...but I was out walking with my girls today, and my 9 year old told me I have a nice butt. Just what was I supposed to think of that question?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How funny! Sounds like they came from the same gene pool as my smart mouthed kids. Ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That quote at the bottom gets a HELL YES, Mothers would be in insane asylums! My 2 yr old is CRAZY right now!

    ReplyDelete

YIPEE! You decided to comment on me!