Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Can you describe yourself in 10 words?

Tabitha at I Choose Bliss did a post where she was able to describe herself in 10 words.  I love her description!  It is exactly her. 

But 10 words.  10 adjectives - not 10 things like mom, wife, etc.  I wasn't so sure I could do it, but I wanted to try.



thoughtful
loving
aggressive
loud
shy
 
Well that is five.  I'm halfway there.  And I'm stuck.  Going to bing some people adjectives.
(I don't like their pic today).  
I found this great foreign language website with a huge list of English words used to describe people. I could be annoying, eccentric, gregarious, lascivious, obnoxious, virtuous.  They really have some cool words, but those don't fit me. 
 
I'm not eccentric - I'm more of a plain person.  Solids and jeans and flip flops and such.  I guess that makes me more...more.. what's the opposite of eccentric?  The computer says normal is the opposite of eccentric.  I don't think normal counts for this exercise.
 
Let's see, I'm
optimistic
resourceful
 
That makes seven.  And I'm still struggling.  I need three more.
sarcastic
giving
 
I only need one more and I just can't seem to do it.
I give up.
This exercise is hard.  Give me one adjective you would use to describe me.  And if you think it's easy- you do it!
 
 
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

7 comments:

  1. 1-Casual
    2-Thoughtful
    3-Sarcastic
    4-Giving
    5-Friendly
    6-Trustworthy
    7-Loyal
    8-Resourceful
    9-Outgoing
    10-Easy Going (Does that count? LOL)

    Stopping by from SITS!
    ~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would say casual is kind of how you described yourself. (jeans and flip flops) However I would also say that you eloquent. Does that apply to writing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great list! I love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe words like multi-tasker or witty?

    Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny, we just did an exercise like this in my psychology class. But, here is my word for you...compassionate.

    Soooooooo, I have to tell you that about 1/2 before writing this comment to you, I tried the Reese's Whipps....it was all your fault :)...and I like every bit of it! My hubby did too, cause I was nice enough to get one for him too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. *not* a list maker.

    Ha-ha, just teasing...

    OK, not really ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm all for dressing casually! I wear solids just about all the time!

    Another word you could use is "advocate"...that's not an adjective per se but I don't know the exact word for it. Think of all the people you've helped by spreading the word about heart defects!

    ReplyDelete

YIPEE! You decided to comment on me!