Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Schools IN FOR WINTER


Okay - I was going for the change to School's Out for Summer only it didn't work so well. But we all know Mom's (and Dad's too) love when school starts back in the fall. At our house there has been a countdown on the calendar. The boys think it is how many days are left of summer, we know it is how many days until school starts!

Nathaniel woke up right on time - as he came out of his room he said "I smell waffles!" Tyler on the other hand had snuck into our bed after having a bad dream, I had to go wake him up. His first words "It's really early." He then tried to make a detour to his own bed, but luckily Mommy helped him in the direction of the kitchen. After having bacon and waffles (nathaniel's favorite) and pancakes (tyler's favorite) - they got ready for school and at 7:11 the bus took them away.

I then stood in my front yard and danced a little jig. Schools IN for winter!!!


If there were no schools to take the children away from home part of the time, the insane asylums would be filled with mothers. ~Edgar W. Howe

3 comments:

  1. it is bittersweet for me. i know i am going to LOVE the peace and the quiet - think how much blogging i'll be able to do! but i am a sap at heart. i know i am going to cry like a blithering idiot and miss him all day too! for the first day at least :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh blessed is that day when the bus takes them away. wow that sounded like a song! lol

    I was really sad when my oldest started last year, but this year, I was ready!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from SITS - the commercial for some office supply store keeps resounding in my head singing "it's the most wonderful time of the year". LOL
    sweetjeanette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

YIPEE! You decided to comment on me!