Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Twins Turn 7

Time flies when you are having fun. I can't believe it is seven years already. Seven seems like such a big number to me - seven and going to the second grade. I really liked age 6, not really sure about turning seven and all the things it could bring. Let's go back instead, to right before they were born.

I knew who my children were while they were still inside me. I don't know how we know so much about them, or how I could tell more about their personalities than I could with a single. It is an amazing phenomenon that I have heard happen to other moms too. I want to take you through my predictions, and compare them to my children today.

BABY A: He would be the first born, in position ready to go. He would be our eldest child, more easy going, relaxed, a little shy, just going with the flow. He would be like his father, so his father named him T1.

BABY B: He would be our against the grain child, not wanting the monitors to ever keep track of him. He would be more outgoing, my risk taker. He would be more like his mother, so I named him T2.

Fast Foward 7 Years

Baby A/ T1 - Won the eldest child by a record 17 minutes. Those must have been the longest 17 minutes in history, because he plays the oldest child part very well. T1 likes to be in charge, but when things get changed, his is true to form and goes with the flow. Not easily upset or overly emotional. The only thing I didn't forsee, a class clown. While he does well in school and has learned when to clown and when not to (while the teacher's talking), he loves to make everyone laugh. He prides himself on being the funniest and is willing to take center stage to do so.

Baby B/ T2 - Let his brother be the eldest because he wasn't moving. He loves his Mommy and doesn't like change. He is a risk taker, daredevil that I watch with one eye closed, for fear of a heart attack. He likes to do things his own way and doesn't like to be pushed around. I didn't forsee such a shy child. He strives so hard to be perfect in school and wants others to like him, but is slower to make friends.

They have grown so much, so fast. I am very proud of who they are and how far they have come. And yes, all the twin mommies before me were right, it does get easier! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOYS!!!


We've had bad luck with children; they've all grown up. ~Christopher Morley

No comments:

Post a Comment

YIPEE! You decided to comment on me!