Thursday, January 28, 2010

Frosty the Snowman was a jolly piece of sleet

So when you live smack in the middle of NC, you know you are going to get wonderful 4 seasoned weather.  It's never too hot, never too cold.  Plenty of rain, no real flooding, no fires, no earthquakes.  You expect cold in the winter without having to wear long johns, and warmth in the summer without needing sunblock to walk to your car. 

It is the nice middle area.

Until this year.  The year of  North Carolina UN-warming.  For 10 days straight we had the coldest weather ever, some kind of record streak.  Where it dropped to the teens every single night and we were lucky if it was 33 during the day.  Now for those of you in Minnesota and such, we are wimps down here, so bear with us.  When we expect a low of 33 and that is our high for 10 days straight, something is wrong.

And then they keep predicting snow. But of course we live in NC so the Mountains get snow and those of us in the middle get slushy sleet stuff.  School even gets cancelled for our slushy stuff.  Once a year we expect 1 inch of snow. We look at it, say ahh how pretty, and go back inside.  This year, there have been inches of snow in some parts and floods in others.  I've had enough already.

But here we are again, and they are predicting snow, again.  For my area 2-4 inches.  Now hear me weather people.  Do NOT predict snow unless it is really going to happen, my kids are excited for the third time this year and you better make good on your promises!  Because if I have to dress them up to go sliding around in ice one more time - I may lose it.  (although it is hilarious to watch and they really enjoy it).  I want our 2 inches, I want it nice and pretty and I want it when I wake up on Saturday morning.

I made myself a snowball
Just as perfect as could be.
I thought I'd keep it as a pet
And let it sleep with me
I gave it some pajamas
And a pillow for its head.
Then, last night it ran away,
But first . . . .it wet the bed!

6 comments:

  1. Have you received your latest heating bill yet? My hair was standing on end! Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not a very nice snowball...wet the bed and then not even wake you to let you know so you don't have to sleep by the wet spot!
    I think I've got you beaten in the wimp department...anything below 70 degrees is unbearable to me! It just comes with the territory of the AZ heat for me though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get that snow because I don't want it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being on the NC Coast, we'll prob'ly just be freezing with plenty of rain...which we don't really need too much more of.

    The Hubs is from up north and he's holding out hope for snow. Of course, everything comes to a complete halt around here if even one flake is spotted! ;o)

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want snow day too but only on a Friday or Monday so I get a three day weekend of not having to tear the boys out of bed and take them to school. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see how that would be dissapointing! We don't get snow here either, just lots and lots of rain.

    The little poem at the end was so cute!

    ReplyDelete

YIPEE! You decided to comment on me!