Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thankful for Thanksgiving - Part 2/3 of 5

In case you missed Sunday's post or didn't know, Thursday is Thanksgiving (and 29 days before Christmas). We usually take the day to spend time with our families, watch a parade (football), and eat - a lot. Many times we forget why Thanksgiving was started and we forget to be thankful.  My goal was to have 5 posts this week of things I am thankful for - ending with 50 things on Thursday.  We'll I got sick and Monday's post (post 2) didn't happen.  So here is post 2 and 3 all rolled into one.

Today and everyday I am thankful for my children - all three of them.

It amazes me how many people think having children is easy.  Well, the getting pregnant was easy for me too - but the staying that way was always a problem.

The first time I got pregnant was actually on accident.  See birth control pills and antibiotics don't mix.  The antibiotics make the pill null and void.  My dear hubby and I were both suprised, but excited.  Unfortuantely the pregnancy was lost at just 5 weeks - only days after I'd found out.  At that point we knew we wanted to have children, and I had been told a few years earlier - that I couldn't wait forever to have kids.  The doctor told me I'd probably have a hysterectomy by the time I was 30.  Dear hubby and I decided to let my body heal and then try again. 
September 11 happened and it was a blow to everyone everywhere.  Admist all the emotion was this sense of here and now and not waiting for the future.  A few days later I was pregnant again.  We were excited and I was at the doctor lickity split.  My ob is probably the best ob in the world.  The day after my appointment the nurse called and put the doctor on the phone.  Something was wrong with my hormone levels and I had to come in for an ultrasound.  Turned out my pregnancy was eptopic and had to be terminated.  I chose to go with methotrexate which was the least invasive.  Two weeks later, after still being in pain, we chose to have surgery - something was still wrong.
Turns out I had endometriosis which is why I wasn't able to carry.  They were able to burn off a lot of it.  And apparently the doctor told my family that I would be super fertile after the surgery - no one told me.

In December I went back to the doctor.  I was pregnant again, days later - we found out it was identical twins (for their whole story go here).  I carried them 35 weeks and 5 days with no more problems.  Today they are happy healthy boys.  I am so thankful that I can see them grow and learn each and every day.

Years after having the twins (we were scared we'd have twins again).  We were able to get pregnant with little man.  His pregnancy was fairly uneventful, but afterwards we were in shock (for the whole story go here or my life changing moment go here).  The great part is - today he is healthy (and yes one day I will blog about the journey). 

Today all my children are healthy (even if Mommy is still a little sick) and I am grateful to have three happy healthy beautiful boys.

What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

  1. Hey I look forward to reading your blog. I just have a minute to glance today. I think it's great the Dr. helped you with your endo and you became super-fertile. That's pretty cool. I tried carrying for someone who couldn't get pregnant with endo, but I miscarried. I also gave birth to twin boys as a surrogate this April. I carried them to 33 weeks.

    I am following you and grabbed your button. :)

    ReplyDelete

YIPEE! You decided to comment on me!