Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Gonna catch me a leprechaun

In honor of this fine festive day- I've painted the blog green. Almost as cool as the green river in Savannah.

The twins had a most awesome school project due today. They had to make a leprechaun trap.
Rules: must me made out of scrap materials, no store bought stuff. Leprechauns’ are small, so don't make a trap for a giant.
Tips: leprechauns are sneaky, they don't read signs, and like shiny things. (reminds me of men)

We spent half of Saturday working on these wonderful pieces of art, and then afterwards they wrote stories of how they caught their leprechauns.

While they wrote, I dreamed. If I caught a leprechaun, he'd have a pot of gold. A pot of gold these days, is not worth a whole heck of a lot. Especially not a small pot. So I would let him keep his gold, if he lived at my house. Then there would always be a rainbow over my house, making it beautiful every day.

I could also hold his pot of gold for ransom, and he could do things for me.

 
  •  he could crawl back in the back of the dishwasher and clean out the drain, that I just can't reach.
  •  he could slide down the gutters, cleaning out the pine needles.
  •  I could train him to repell behind the couch and pull out the missing toys, socks, and crackers

There are all kinds of things I could find for him to do, that would make my life just a little simpler.

 
What would you do with your own leprechaun?

 
Never iron a four-leaf clover, because you don't want to press your luck. ~Author Unknown

9 comments:

  1. I so need a leprechaun for the very same reasons. He could scrub my kitchen floor with a tooth brush too. You know, the fun stuff that I just don't have time for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOTALLY make him clean out my gutters. AND the dog poo from the backyard! Now where do I sign up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I found you through another blog I read. When I saw you had twins had to come say hello.

    I love all your leprachaun ideas! Especially the repelling down the back of the couch. LOL

    I'm now following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cute! I would keep him to walk all over my back when it hurts. Oh and maybe he could get behind my dryer and catch all the dust bunnies!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. If he could just find those missing socks, that would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I would need a leprachaun for cleaning too. I think we all need housekeepers/maids!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to see pictures of this so-called leprechaun trap!!! What a cool idea!

    ~Elizabeth
    Confessions From A Working Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leprechauns are short so he could shave my legs!

    ReplyDelete

YIPEE! You decided to comment on me!