Sports all year long.
When the twins were born, dear hubby just knew they would be car fanatics just like him. By the time they were 1 1/2 years old - we knew otherwise.
My husband looked at me the other day and asked how we ended up with jocks. Like I know? Not that we are couch potatoes, I'm actually a coach. But there is a huge difference between loving and playing one sport verses trying to play 3 a year.
The twins are 7 and we are already making up sports rules.
- No one plays sports during the winter (mommy and daddy want a season off - and don't want to freeze to death)
- Only one sport/after school activity during the school year.
- Which means soccer or football, but not both
- Which also apparently means they can play two sports over the summer (rugby and summer league baseball are current choices)
Mommy and Daddy only buy 1 set of required gear per season. If you lose a cleat halfway through the season, you buy a new set.
Good Sportsmanship carries over into everything you do.
- if Mommy hears bad sportsmanship at home, that means you are out of the game and run laps around the house.
- if heard at a game - it's up to the coach, but Mommy will be furious
What is your child a fanatic about?